Monday, February 18, 2008

wasting time

The husbandit doesn't get off work til late during the week so I usually put off starting dinner til around 7:30, ... so right now I have a little bit of time to kill.
Let's see.. it was a busy weekend, but I enjoyed it. Saturday was Baby Q's shower and there were a ton of people there! seriously Emily and Luke have a ton of friends and family and everyone was incredibly nice with just the right amount of silly. My favorite part of any party is the food and this one did not dissapoint. I personally am always happy with chips, dips, cookies, the usual, but they had egg and chicken salad mini croissant sandwiches, smoked salmon, this really lovely, soft herb cheese, hummus, interesting salads, really it was a dieters dream. After the shower some of us felt like going out (I don't get to see these people all that often since we suddenly grew up and moved all over the place) so we hit Lonnegan's, which was an old stomping ground when i was in highschool. A friend of mine's dad managed the place so we would either go there or Denny's after school (who wants to go home?) Walking in, that old familiar smell of cigarettes, cheese fries and beer washed over me, and I was taken back to the days of Lucky strikes in the back booth while playing trivia during happy hour. This was the first place I felt sexy smoking a cigarette, the cigarette machine by the bathrooms was a good friend to 16 year old me. It was the middle of the afternoon, the place was hardly busy, only one other smoker thank god. We sat together in the booth and at first my hands were shaking, but by the time our queso and quesadillas got there I had forgotten all about it. I guess its true that "this too shall pass". I let myself just enjoy the conversations with my friends and for the first time didn't feel bad about smoking in someone's face.
Sunday Mac left early to work on Baby Q's mural. I woke up late and went to Fuzzy's Tacos with my friend Beau. Beau and I used to work out together 2-3 times a week before I graduated. We also used to smoke on the walk to the gym from the parking lot, from the gym back to the car, and on the way to my front door from the street when he was dropping me off. Beau and I were a good imitation of an industrial district. Luckily you can't smoke in Fuzzy's and the weather wasn't nice enough to sit outside. After lunch we walked around Target and then Beau had to go home because "he had to smoke". I didn't blame him.
So it felt like a weekend of little victories.
This weekend is Heather's bachelorette party which means I need to order her gift.. its totally naughty!
lata

No comments: