Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Come on, feel the Illinoise


As promised (or close to as promised) here is a pic of Mac Birthday present from me (well one of them). I cross stitched his favorite phrase from his favorite movie, "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly". I think its kind of funny and he really seemed to like it. It funny because Mac genuinely works the quote into conversations, which is seemingly impossible but my man is a clever one. I don't think I like the frame though.



Monday was Cross Country Craft Day II - Revenge of the Crafts. Melissa was pretty productive. On my end the crafts won the battle, as I did not produce a single thing, not even dinner (mmm chinese take out). I did determine that my sewing machine doesn't work (or at least I don't know how to work it), and that it's easy to get your thumb smashed if you arent being carefull while fiddling with a sewing machine. I spent the whole day in a funk (deep depression/crying) and was begining to think I had completely lost my mind until i found this website http://www.askapatient.com/ . It turns out that the new medicine I am taking can have that side effect in the first two weeks, but for the majority of people it goes away and is well worth it.

Unfortunately craft day suffered and I totally need to make up for it and to that end I started on an amigurumi mouse yesterday morning. The head is completed (kind of wrong but its a learning process) today I plan to work on the body and ears cause the head is creepy all by itself sitting on my desk. I also spent about an hour making the pattern for a new top secret x-stitch project. Here is a hint, I showed it to Mac and he liked it.

Ahh and now on to my dissapointment. Today I was scheduled to take my driving test and get my license. I was nervous but confident that I woudl pass the test since coach has had me drive out to gainesville and run the test several times now and I have "passed" every time. Well the weather is kind of shitty today and coach called and cancelled, but we did reschedule for friday. I hate when things dont work out they way you planned (I was going to get my license and maybe take lunch/dinner to my husband since he has his figure drawing workshop til late tonite, and then I was going to go to michael's and get thread for my new cross stitch project) but you have to roll with the punches.

Oh, on a happier note, today is my 60th day of not smoking.
here are the stats peeps:
Time Smoke-Free: 60 days, 9 hours, 4 minutes and 31 seconds
Cigarettes NOT smoked: 483
Lifetime Saved: 3 days, 16 hours
Money Saved: $123.60

So I get to do something to celebrate, not too expensive but not free either (mama didn't raise no fool). Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Melissa Norris said...

Buy a sewing machine. The webcam is here so we can have online sewing class!